Last Updated on March 4, 2023 by lukesguide
As a lawyer myself, I’ve seen first hand how online legal services have evolved over the years and I’m constantly amazed at the affordable, high-quality legal services that are available to business owners today.
‘There are many online legal service providers out there and it’s important to choose the right one for your needs. In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the best online legal services to help you make the right choice for your business.
What Is The Best Online Legal Services?
Here are the best online legal services for you to check out!
Rocket Lawyer is a ‘one-stop-shop’ for all your business legal needs.
One of the key advantages online legal services like Rocket Lawyer have is that they can keep their costs low as they don’t have the usual overhead of a traditional law firm.
Rocket Lawyer was founded in 2008 and has helped 20 million customers handle their legal issues.
- Easy legal documents – Rocket Lawyer will help you create, revise and sign a wide variety of legal documents. All documents are vetted by Rocket Lawyer’s legal staff.
- Ask a lawyer – For any tricky legal questions or complicated legal documents you need help with, Rocket Lawyer has its ‘ask a lawyer’ service. All you need to do is ask your question and one of Rocket Lawyer’s experienced attorneys will provide you with advice online or over the phone.
- Tax and compliance – Rocket Lawyer have tax experts on hand to help you with any curly tax questions and to help you lodge your tax filings.
Rocket Lawyer is a subscription-based service.
For $39.99 per month or $239.99 per year, you can get access to Rocket Lawyer’s legal document generator, ‘ask a lawyer’ services, one 30-minute consultation with a lawyer, and huge discounts on many of Rocket Lawyer’s other legal services.
If you’re not sure whether Rocket Lawyer is for you, they offer a 7-day free trial so that you can take it for a spin.
- Tons of free legal document templates
- Easy-to-use document generation wizard
- 7-day free trial
- Costs a little bit more than some competitors
Try Rocket Lawyer today!
Best for business
Launched in 2001, Legal Zoom has helped over 2 million customers over the last 20 years access affordable legal advice.
Although Legal Zoom also provides legal services to individuals, Legal Zoom’s real strength is in its online legal services offering for businesses.
Legal Zoom can help businesses with all things legal including setting up a business structure, preparing contracts, compliance matters, tax reporting, and protecting intellectual property.
- ‘Help me decide’ wizard – When it comes to legal matters, it is often the case that you just “don’t know what you don’t know”. Legal Zoom makes it easy to determine what legal assistance you might need with their ‘help me decide’ wizard. Simply answer the questions in the wizard and Legal Zoom will tell you how they can help
- End-to-end services – Legal Zoom offers a wide range of legal services for businesses. Legal Zoom’s services span business set-up all the way through to the dissolution of a business.
- Ask an attorney – Similar to Rocket Lawyer, Legal Zoom offers an ‘ask an attorney’ feature where businesses can reach out to a professional lawyer with any questions they have.
Legal Zoom’s pricing varies depending on what legal services you require.
As an example, if you want to utilize Legal Zoom’s ‘ask an attorney’ service, you can expect to pay between $40 to $50 per month (discounts apply for annual plans).
- Wide variety of legal services available for businesses
- Competitive on price
- Friendly and personable attorneys answering queries via the ‘ask an attorney’ feature
- Can sometimes be a bit pushy with upselling other services
Try Legal Zoom
Best for Australian businesses
Sprintlaw was founded by two ‘top tier’ law firm-trained lawyers who identified a major problem with how legal services are provided to Australian businesses.
That is, traditional law firms do not make it easy for businesses to obtain simple and affordable legal advice.
They could see that the process of seeing a lawyer is expensive, time-consuming, and not accessible online.
Sprintlaw was born to address these issues.
- 100% online – Sprintlaw is 100% online which means they don’t have the same overhead costs as a typical law firm. These cost savings are then passed on to Sprintlaw’s clients in the form of lower fees and more timely advice.
- Powered by tech – Sprintlaw is a ‘new law’ firm and they leverage their own proprietary technology to help their lawyers provide more efficient legal advice.
- Fixed fees – Nobody likes surprises when it come to legal fees. For this reason, Sprintlaw operates on a 100% fixed fee basis. This means that you’ll no exactly how much you’ll need to spend up-front. No more nasty hidden fees!
Since Sprintlaw operates on a fixed-fee basis, their fees will vary depending on what legal services you require.
- Wide variety of legal services available for businesses
- Fixed fees with no surprises!
- Subscription membership is available on request
- Not much to dislike
Either Rocket Lawyer, Legal Zoom, or Sprintlaw would be a fantastic website for legal documents.
Ultimately, the best website for legal documents for your business will depend on a number of factors, including your budget, your country of residence and what legal services you need help with.
We go through the key features, pricing, and pros and cons of each in our article above.
Unfortunately legal issues can, and do, arise in business and it is important that you have access to fast, high quality online legal services when these issues come up.
Choosing a lawyer to provide you with legal advice and guidance can be tricky which is why we recommend going with an online law firm like Rocket Lawyer or Legal Zoom that has been around for a while.
Are you looking to hire an online law firm or lawyer? Have you used online legal services before?
Let us know in the comments below!